Pregnancy can be challenging for many people both physically and emotionally. We work with you to ease and/or eliminate your symptoms so you can experience the best pregnancy possible.
Some of the conditions we commonly see are:
- Reduced appetite and or weight loss
- Back and hip pain
- Gestational diabetes
- Elevated blood pressure
- Lactation issue
- Postpartum depression
- Emotional issues that may arise like anxiety, stress, fear, worry
We help in the final trimester and beyond with:
- Labor/Birth preparation and recovery
- C-section birth preparation and recovery
- Treatment, guidance and referrals for birth preparation including midwives, doulas, lactation resources and birth centers.
- Treatment, guidance and referrals for the 4th trimester/post partum period, including physical therapy, massage, post partum doulas, lactation resources and family support resources.
- Post partum housecalls
- In office childcare so you never need to miss an appointment
Treatment Frequency and Duration
We typically recommend acupuncture once a week for the first trimester, then once a month until your final months of pregnancy. Postpartum care is recommended for 3 months postpartum every week.
Weekly treatments in the first trimester helps us get ahead of the most common symptoms in this trimester as well as catch things before they get more severe. Monthly treatments thereafter help monitor your progress and address any new symptoms. As you approach your final months we move into birth/labor preparation and often increase frequency to every 1-2 weeks until birth.
After birth, housecalls are available until you are able to come back to the office. The 4th trimester (the 3 months postpartum) is just as important, if not more important, as the pregnancy portion of care. Postpartum treatments may help with recovery, lactation, postpartum depression.