At Island Acupuncture, our expertise is on reproductive health. Our mission is to provide excellent care in an environment where each person feels respected, heard, and truly seen. There are many ways to accomplish your goal to start or expand your family. We are here with you every step of the way and will fold in to your plans no matter where they take you and how often they may change.
We believe that a collaborative experience is at the foundation of your care. Along these lines, we will help you understand your care and take the time to get to know you. In doing this, we can provide superior recommendations that actually fit your life.
We also believe you deserve direct access to your practitioner and ease of scheduling. You can always text and email your practitioner directly and our calendar should always have availability. Sometimes you need more access and comfort, other times you won’t. We want to meet the needs you have when you have them.
Using the tools of Chinese medicine: Acupuncture, herbs, diet, and lifestyle recommendations, we can treat the entire person. We can function as your primary practitioner for infertility or as an adjunct to assisted reproductive technologies (ART) like IUI, IVF and Surrogacy. If possible, treatment would include all of the people contributing to the genetic make up of your future baby.
Some of the conditions we commonly see are:
- Anovulation, luteal phase defect, amenorrhea, unexplained infertility
- Endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, tubal obstruction, uterine fibroids
- Low ovarian response
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Secondary factors, like, stress, insomnia, depression, fatigue
- Sperm or semen related infertility
- Prostatitis and impotence
Treatments are focused on your particular treatment plan and may include:
- Improvement of IVF outcomes and other ART procedures
- Regulating your cycle and ovulation
- Stimulating egg production and quality
- Thickening uterine lining
- Improving sperm quality and count
- Increasing semen quality and volume
- Supporting hormonal balance
- Referring you to other specialists or recommending testing
Treatment Frequency and Duration
Frequency and duration depend on your particular case. Recommended treatments are 1-3 times per week for 3 months for mild infertility. More significant cases may take 6 to 12 months. At your first appointment, once we discuss your history and plans, we will determine and review your personal treatment plan.
IVF and ART support
Research has shown that acupuncture can increase the success rate of IVF. With the cost of one IVF cycle reaching $20,000+, the price of fertility acupuncture is effective both clinically and fiscally. Finding a practice that supports, guides and is expert in your treatment is key. We work with you to align with your family planning.